Sunday, April 23, 2006

Mix CD Time

I feel hopelessly inadequate whenever I see details of a mix tape on dolediary (see links on right, I still can't get that whole link in text thing happening. Fucking technophobia!). However, I haven't owned a tape deck in some years, and it's not a technology I'm convinced about the retro appeal of (despite my awesome collection of cassingles - Snap! anyone?), so it seems a mix CD is all you're gonna get.

I might even burn a few copies for anyone who requests it, but I'm also currently lacking in graphic design software, so don't expect much in the way of a cover.

I think I'm gonna do two CDs, one of newish stuff and one of poptaculosity 'classics'.

Some probable inclusions:

Robyn - 'Be Mine'
Paris Hilton (allegedly) - 'Screwed'
Rachel Stevens - 'Negotiate With Love'
Bananarama - 'Lovebite'
(C)harlot(te) Church - 'Call My Name'
Girls Aloud - 'Models'
William Shatner - 'Common People'
Bertie Blackman - 'Television' (Remix)
Annie - 'Greatest Hit'
Lindsay Lohan - 'Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)' (Remix Edit)
Freezepop - 'I Am Not Your Gameboy'
Sugababes - 'Red Dress'
Mylo feat. Miami Sound Machine - 'Dr Pressure'
Pleasure feat. Justine Frischmann - 'Don't Look the Other Way'
Pet Shop Boys - 'I'm With Stupid'
Eurythmics - 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)' (Steve Angelo Bootleg)
Kylie Minogue - 'Made of Glass'
Melissa Tkautz - 'The Glamorous Life'
Wigwam - 'Wigwam'

Girls Aloud - 'The Show'
Spice Girls - 'Wannabe' (Vocal Slam Mix)
Cyndi Lauper - 'Hole In My Heart (All the Way to China)'
Dolly Parton - '9 to 5' (Almighty Mix)
Noeline Donaher - 'No Regrets'
O-Zone - 'Dragostea Din Tei'
Madasun - 'Don't You Worry'
Sunscreem - 'Love U More'
Dream - 'He Loves You Not'
Emma Bunton - 'Crickets Sing For Anamaria'
Liza Minnelli - 'Don't Drop Bombs'
Bananarama - 'Love In The First Degree'
JC Chasez - 'All Day Long I Dream About Sex'
Opus III - 'It's a Fine Day'
Lindsay Lohan - 'Rumours'
Sugababes - 'Freak Like Me'
Divine - 'You Think You're a Man'
Dannii - 'Disremembrance'
Army of Lovers - 'Crucified'
Anjeza Shahini - 'The Image of You' (Eurovision 2004 - Albania)
Collette - 'Who Do You Think You Are'
Betty Boo - 'Where Are You Baby?'

OK, so my defintion of 'classics' basically is 'anything I'm currently enjoying that I can't possibly pass off as 'new' (for instance, Lindsay Lohan's 'Rumours' is newer than the Pleasure song, but hardly anyone has heard of Pleasure and I have another newer Lindsay song I like anyway), but what the hey, it's my mix.

Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

Blogger comicstriphero said...

If you're having trouble with the link in text thing, you should be able to use one of the editing buttons in blogger. Looks like a crappy picture of earth with a chain in front of it (just like Tina Arena, it's in chains).

Copy the link you want, then select the word you want the link to sit behind, and then press the chain-earth editing button (or 'hyperlink' button as the nerds would say). Paste your link into the dialogue box that comes up.

Voila.

The only problem you might have is if you have a mac and you are using safari. In which case, not all the buttons come up.

Try firefox or netscape.

12:19 PM  
Blogger weasel said...

Thanks CSH, I actually worked it out after that post (see post above). I had been led to believe it was a complex process, when in fact it was super easy.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home