Friday, May 05, 2006

Hurrah for populence with a political conscience


It seems that the Pet Shop Boys have found form again. I've now heard both 'Integral' and 'I'm With Stupid' from their forthcoming Fundamental album, and they are both great. And I'm not saying that just because my favourite website thinks so.

The cute 'n' clever lyrics are back:

"No one understands me
Where I'm coming from
Why would I be with someone
who's obviously so dumb?"

And so is the dance-pop sound they had tried to move away from in recent years. I'm sure Release was a a beautiful little record, but I like my Pet Shop Boys dry and camp thanks very much.

Best of all, they're aiming their snideness at Tony Blair and his ID cards policy for combatting terrorism:

"If you've done nothing wrong
You've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide
You shouldn't even be here
You've had your chance
Now we've got the mandate
If you've changed your mind
I'm afraid it's too late
We're concerned
You're a threat
You're not integral
To the project "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home