Saturday, April 29, 2006

Whii oh Whii?

Nintendo's new console is going to be called Wii.

It was originally going to be called Revolution, but apparently that is too hard to remember.

This previous name had already been widely publicised. In fact, the Nintendo website actually says that 'Revolution has a new name'.

Supposedly, Wii isn't meant to connote We. I think more of wee, but maybe I'm just infantile. I'm not convinced that Wii connotes togetherness or collectivism (and certainly the latter is an argumnent for 'Revolution' surely?). At best it could suggest wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Still, Revolution was a kick ass name for a console - why the hell change it? And from pictures, it looks more like a Revolution than a urination.

1 Comments:

Blogger War said...

I'm leaking in my pants with excitement. Yay a new MarioKart!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home