Friday, May 05, 2006

Got popbitch?

Apparently, there are still some people in the world not signed up to the Popbitch mailing list.

They therefore weren't emailed this link.

The things I love about this (besides the obvious joy of seeing a young Whitney Houston sing about how bad drugs are) are:

1. It also has Bobby Brown singing in it (as a member of New Edition), not to mention appearances from Ahnuld Schwarzenegger.
2. The people dancing look like they are on ecstacy.
3. The film clip makes taking drugs look and sound kinda cool.
4. The song reminds me very much of Mylo's 'Destroy Rock 'n' Roll' (who's gonna do the mash up?)
5. Two words: Toni Basil.
6. "And Introducing (in her first Rock Video) First Lady Nancy Reagan".

And if Whitney needs some inspiration, she can just reflect on these lyrics:

"Drugs are causing pain and everyone's a loser in this deadly game that's played.
It's insanity. We know that dope is slavery.
And you know we've got to be free..."

UPDATE: Junior Vasquez remixed the Whitney interview into a dance track. Perhaps you can download it. I am of course waiting for it to become legitimately available, but I'm sure it's pretty funny.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. About the only connection I made watching this video was that there is some kind of freaky cause-and-effect relationship between drugs and lip-synching. And come on, the guy being arrested is totally hot in his little white singlet. I'd start dealing smack if I got to spend time in a jail cell with him.

10:20 PM  
Blogger weasel said...

Yes! I want to DO him.

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home