Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Them wacky Confederates

OK, so calling Victoria 'The Confederacy' is probably only amusing to me, but my absence from blogging has been due to a trip down South.

As soon as I saw this I knew it would be my Melbourne Anecdote TM.

A seriously schmick bar (all frosted glass, white leather and metallic surfaces, with the requisite trendoid crowd - like a straight version of Slide in Sydney) with...

row after row...

of Ten Pin Bowling.

I can just imagine the conversation that brought such an idea about.

Person one: So, what do you think is the worst thing we could possibly mix with alcohol?
Person two: Hmm... I dunno... GHB?
Person one: Yeah, OK, besides that...
Person two: Oh, well I guess it would have to be Ten Pin Bowling then.
Person one: Bingo!

6 Comments:

Blogger comicstriphero said...

Yes! I saw at least two bowling bars whilst I was down there recently.

Dem crazy mexicans!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Purple, cyan, and two (clashing) shades of green? Methinks you're veering dangerously close to the blog version of multifonting. Clearly time for an intervention.

7:20 PM  
Blogger weasel said...

There was a reason, but I can't quite explain it... where is the cyan though?

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The time and the number of comments is in some shade of computer-blue.

1:40 PM  
Blogger g-squared said...

How does one do colour?

6:50 AM  
Blogger weasel said...

You do colour when you are posting by highlighting it and clicking on the colour palette symbol...

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home