Saturday, June 10, 2006

Paris is Burning.


Besides Xtina, I'm also loving the new Paris Hilton song.

Whilst I'm not entirely sure I like it as much as the fantastic ‘Screwed’, which somehow never got released after Paris and Haylie Duff (who??) had a cat fight about it (maybe Girls Aloud should have a go), the new Paris track is pretty cool.

It's been compared in sound to Blondie's 'The Tide is High' (or perhaps, more accurately, to Atomic Kitten's cover version?) and UB40's 'Kingston Town', and vocally to Gwen Stefani. All of those comparisons are apt. It's pretty obviously had some serious digital surgery, so the jury is definitely out on whether Paris can sing. I look forward to the live show.

The video has emerged too, with Paris on a beach writhing, so it seems like the much touted Paris album is on its way well and truly. However, it is as yet untitled album, with previous reports that it would have the awesome title Paris Is Burning looking sadly doubtful. This would have not only been a great title for the album full stop, but it would have made my planned independent film Paris Is Burning, Texas* even more relevant.

Other news on the album includes Paris having written lyrics for seven of the songs, and that it includes a cover of Rod Stewart’s signature hit ‘Do Ya Think I’m Sexy’. Can’t wait.

Paris has also revealed that she contemplated a boob job, but changed her mind when her father said it was ‘sleazy’. Says the star of One Night In Paris: “he said it would cheapen my image. So I decided not to do it."

That was a near miss.

*Just like my planned short film 'Babychino', this may never happen.

Update: Shortly after posting this I received a spam email titled 'cure that burning flame'. Tee hee.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sanjay S. Rajput said...

Thanks for posting the Paris Hilton song links! How bad is it that I too actually find the tune so catchy... I also appreciate you posting the sounds that songs that sound similar (Blondie & Ub40). Great site!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Bedazzler said...

Paris is Itching.
What would Malcolm Mc Claren do with Paris?
Write in with your suggestions.

THE TRUTH ABOUT PEREZ HILTON
TWO INTERVIEWS UP
http://lemaisondebrandon.blogspot.com/

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home